*Required fields are marked with an asterisk.
Appointment Information- What to Expect
Note: We are not assuming responsibility for your care until you are examined by the doctor.
If you are unable to keep your appointment, please
give at least 24 hours’ notice to avoid a $50.00 missed appointment fee.
What should I bring?
- Insurance Cards - without your insurance card(s) your appointment will be processed as Self-Pay
- Patient's with Tricare must have a current Tricare Authorization
- Photo I.D
- Current glasses and/or contacts
- Please do not wear contacts to your appointment
- Completed Office paperwork - if paperwork is not etirely filled out prior to your appointment your appointment may be delayed or cancelled
- Sunglasses for after your appointment as your eyes may be dilated
How long will I be in the office?
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time
- Plan on your office visit being approximately 1.5 hours. This allows for any paperwork to be filled out, dilation of your eyes, examination by the doctor, and any additional testing
- Some appointments are quicker than others, while some are longer in length
- Occasionally, Dr. Ewing-Chow or Dr. Weinstein has to see emergency cases which are added to our schedule. This may make wait times a little longer than normal.
- Your insurance co-pay or deductible is due at the time of service. We reserve the right to require patients to pay their deductible or co-insurance amount at the time of service. This is an estimate of your responsibility at the
time of service. If your insurance plan determines that you owe more you will be billed accordingly. There is an additional $5.00 charge to bill you for your co-pay.
- Self Pay or non-participating insurance patients are required to pay in full at the time of service. A deposit of $100.00 is required at check in and the remainder at the end of the appointment. This is an estimate of the services
provided and will be reviewed by our Billing Company to determine if amount was assesed correctly. You will be billed accordingly or refunded if necessary.
- Refractions are a non-covered service and a fee of $50.00 is due at the time of service
- Returned checks are subject to a $35.00 fee
- Routine Eye Care may not be covered by your medical insurance (glasses, contact lenses, nearsighted, farsighted, or astigmatism). We do not bill vision insurances only medical insurances.
Reasons why your appointment could be rescheduled:
- If you do not have your insurance cards.
- If you arrive 15 minutes late for your appointment.
- If you have Tricare Prime and do not have an authorization - we reserve the right to cancel your appointment within 3 business days of your appointment if we do not have a copy of the authorization.
- All children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- If a parent or guardian cannot accompany the child, a written note must be given to the office. Please contact our office if a parent will not be coming to the appointment so that we can make arrangements for any paperwork to be signed.
**Note: Our Exam Rooms are small. One adult may accompany each patient. Minors may have both parents/legal guardians in the Exam Room.